Orange Bowl 2017 Events & Information
Wisconsin Badger vs Miami Hurricanes – Saturday, Dec 30th. Kickoff at 8pm.
NEWS 3 MADISON WILL BE HERE THURSDAY 12/28 @ 1PM
If you would like to be in the news story please come by in Wisconsin Gear and join the fun.
Here is the news article from WISC-TV 3 in Madison, WI about Slackers. Thank you Channel 3!!
Welcome to Slackers Bar & Grill, the largest Wisconsin bar south of Beloit. We are an authentic Wisconsin & Green Bay Packers bar located in Fort Lauderdale, FL and just a 20 minute drive to the Orange Bowl. Last year we were voted the #1 place to watch sports by New Times Magazine, we have HDTV’s everywhere and we offer liquor, craft beers, wines and a full food menu that consists of some Wisconsin specialties such as Beer Brats, Fresh & Fried Cheese Curds and more. We also have fresh fish, hand crafted sandwiches, ribs, steaks as well to name a few. And we have free and easy parking available.
Below you will find lots of information regarding events not only at Slackers but around the area. We have also provided some great hotels near Slackers if you so choose. ON WISCONSIN!!!
SHUTTLE BUS INFORMATION
***BUS IS SOLD OUT***
EVERYONE WHO PURCHASES A BUS TICKET WILL ALSO GET 20% OFF THEIR TABS BEFORE AND AFTER THE TRIP. THAT’S ON ALL FOOD & DRINKS.
Slackers will be doing a park n ride coach bus to the game.
Slackers has plenty of free parking available so leaving your vehicle here is not a problem. Slackers is only a 20 minute drive to the stadium but should take us about 45 minutes due to traffic that day.
• The bus is 55 passenger coach bus with a restroom.
• Cost: $25 per person. We will provide a complimentary keg of beer on the bus as well and at the stadium. (while it lasts).
• We are not making a penny on the bus as we wanted to offer this at cost to you. So please, even if you do not want to drink beer we still have to require the $25 for the ride.
• Kickoff is at 8pm. The bus or buses arrive at 4:30. We will leave Slackers at 5pm sharp.
• BYOB. You can bring your own beer, liquor, food or whatever you like on the bus BUT please understand that you cannot bring those items into Slackers. Also, coolers must be kept small please and be able to fit in your personal space or on your lap. Any larger coolers must be stored underneath the bus. Lawn chairs or other such items are fine too. BUT if you are bringing items that need to be loaded onto the bus please arrive no later than 4:30pm.
DISCLAIMER – PLEASE READ
Please understand the following before you purchase your ticket.
• All ticket purchases are non-refundable. However, you are more than welcome to gift or re-sell your ticket.
• The bus leaves at 5pm sharp and will leave without you if you are not present. The bus will also leave immediately following the game so you must immediately return to the bus after the game is over. If this should occur Slackers is not liable for any expense incurred by you should you be left behind.
• Slackers is not responsible for any items left behind or lost during the trip.
• All sales are final once you purchase.
To order shuttle bus tickets over the phone please call 954-530-4758
SLACKERS WISCONSIN FANS MEET UP PARTY
Friday, Dec 29th. 7-9 pm. Please join us and other Wisconsin Badgers fans for a little pre-game celebration. We will be playing some Wisconsin music and will have beer brats, cheese curds, brandy old fashioned’s and all things Wisconsin on special. All Wisconsin fans dressed in Wisconsin gear get 20% off their entire tabs.
SLACKERS ORANGE BOWL WATCH PARTY
For those not going to the game we invite you to join us here at Slackers for the Orange Bowl watch party. We will have Wisconsin music, beer bucket specials and more. The game will be on all of our 40+ big screen HDTV’s. Kickoff is at 8pm. The party officially starts at 7pm.
WISCONSIN ALUMNI HUDDLE TAILGATE EVENT
Capital One Orange Bowl BADGER HUDDLE®
Saturday, December 30, 2017
4:30 pm – 7:00 pm ET
Hard Rock Stadium
347 Don Shula Drive
Miami Gardens, FL 33056
BADGER HUDDLE® Ticket:
Child (aged 2–12): $60
The Badger Huddle includes all u can eat and drink. An appearance by the Wisconsin Marching Band and more.
A Day-of-Game Package includes one Capital One Orange Bowl game ticket and one BADGER HUDDLE® ticket.
Child (aged 2–12): $170
Questions? Please contact the Wisconsin Alumni Association® (WAA) at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 608-262-2551.
ORANGE BOWL NEW YEARS EVE PARTY – DOWNTOWN COUNTDOWN
The biggest New years Eve Party hosted by the Orange Bowl is also here in Fort Lauderdale. It is an amazing event you will surely want to attend. Here is some information:
WISCONSIN ALUMNI HUDDLE TAILGATE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Volunteers are needed to hand out wristbands, take tickets, and assist at will call during the Wisconsin Huddle Event. If interested please follow this link for more information. For a 1 hour volunteer session you gain free entry into the event.
WISCONSIN FANS! WANT TO CATCH A DOLPHINS GAME WHILE IN TOWN?
The great people of the Miami Dolphins have put together special packages for those who would like to see the Bills vs. Dolphins while in town. I personally always have a great time going to the Dolphins games and it’s an experience you should definitely consider while visiting.
Enter Here to purchase the Bills vs Dolphins Badgers Bash tickets. USE PROMO CODE: WISCONSIN
NEARBY HOTELS – GREAT PLACES TO STAY IF IN TOWN FOR THE GAME
Wisconsin Fans coming from out of state should know we have some excellent hotels in walking distance from Slackers only a 20 minute drive to the stadium (traffic permitting).
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North
2301 Southwest 12th Avenue
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33315
Holiday Inn Express Fort Lauderdale Aiport / Cruise Port
1150 West State Road 84
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315
Candlewood Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port
1120 West State Road 84
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315
Best Western Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port
1221 West State Road 84
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315